Saturday, October 2, 2010

reporting from chicago.
so far i love my internship.
they are understanding fun loving people that want nothing but to help me.
i start everyday portioning and cleaning the herbs section and they give me projects for the rest of the day chopping vegetables portioning ingredients getting everything prepped for sundays.. my hours aren't that bad for an externship .. 40 a week. and i get mondays and thursdays off.
i plan on getting some stationary and stamps tomorrow so people look out for letters.
i've also been reading more than i thought i would i got totally enthralled in this book by dan wells called "i am not a serial killer"..
pretty damn good.
my birthday is coming up.
and so is his.
any ideas?..
i have no clue what to get him.
i wanted to by him a pair of boots of some kind but we walked by a place and every suggestion i made he shot down. dunno.
i guess i'll just have to go on a walk i'm sure i'll find something.
i watched that film Never let me go on thursday.
it was really good it was like watching the book unfolding in front of me.
and by that i mean well i never read the book
but the way it was shot felt like a novel.
it was very beautiful despite my hate for kiera knightley
though i must confess she totally sucked me into the dutchess.
anyways so im leaving the theatre and i start talking to this woman and asked her what she thought of the film. and she just kept saying how she thought it was "sick"..
and i didn't understand i mean i loved the film.
that said. the film.. this is no secret..
as it is revealed early in the film.. with all the special talk.
these children/young adults grow to harvest organs that is why they were created.
maybe she was just annoyed at the premise of the film and didn't like the whole harvesting humans thing..
i dunno but it bothered me.
i wanna see let me in. very soon.
hopefully sunday if alex isn't to tired to be dragged out of bed.
anyways.
i have more internet browsing to do.
-M

No comments: