Sunday, January 18, 2009

seattle.


mom and i left from the station on the 26th of december not knowing the trouble that the train would be.
over the next two days on the train we were delayed several times.
freight train ahead of us.

something wrong with the tracks.

pick up extra food.

heartattack

and finally

suicide..

somebody decided to jump in front of the train in oregon.
they announced over the loud speakers that something had happened but it has nothing to do with condition of the train and in situations like these it would take about 2 hours so we stayed in springfeild oregon for an extra two hours.

i guess it happens often

so we were supposed to reach tacoma by around 7 i think..

we didn't get there until 1in the morning so we were pretty late..and it's not exactly a nice area either so ..

it was a little scary..

but a taxi outside took us straight to the nearest best western.

where we charged everthing we had and fell asleep promptly.

the next morning i took a cold shower..

i didn't do this on purpose i just couldn't figure out the handle..

i blame my natural blondeness for my stupid quirks..

i can be a natural ditz sometimes..

mom got sick though..

and threw up..it was gross..andrew picked us up later around noon..

his car was.. well..you can tell where his priorities are..

he has a big ass screen t.v. w/cable and a ps3

it's funny though..seeing my brother after so long. he reminds me so much of our grandfather and father for that matter
it's so weird just his mannerisms and everything. sometimes he's say something and i'd close my eyes and see dad.. weird right?.. everytime i tried to talk to him about something real though i felt like he shut me out. maybe it's just because we hadn't seen eachother ina year and a half..

the first day we hung around tacoma went to this really nifty candy shop up there.. it was adorable..and we went to this park that was really pretty but very cold..

my brother gave me a really hard time the whole time about the park...

"there are parks everywhere" he says..

ugh..

we go shopping..

and the next day seattle..

where we hit up Pike Place Market. which i immensly enjoyed.

it's just a big indoor farmers market or street fair..

and it was just fun and gorgeous.

i just loved how it seemed to never end.
and while there just across the way we saw the first starbucks..
but what was even better than that.. was that we went to a really amazing russian bakery..
that was ..
wow..
i got potatoes cheese and garlic in mine and they heated it up..
oh my God.. it was so good..
it just melted in my mouth and i could feel the warm tots in my belly for at least another five minutes.
mmmmmmmm
so now i'm on the lookout for an at least half as that amazing bakery around here so far i've found one i just haven't been there yet.. but i am still looking..
hmmm

that's my brother...
he has super long hair..
and a huge nose... and he criticizes everything..
we went to the space needle via bus afterward..
where my mom felt the need to tell me she hasnt' been on the bus in over ten years or so..
it feels so difficult to try to remember what happened now..
like i'm reaching or something..
i dunno.
the space needle was huge..isn't that all it's supposed to be..
we didn't go up..
but we did go to an amazing sci-fi/music museum
saw some cool stuff..
all my pictures are up on my-space..
myspace.com/goosedoll
if you wanna check it out.
i miss my brother more and more now that i think about seattle..
i miss the cold weather the clean air..
the way the ice sounds under my boots and my brothers laugh.. akward and endless.
the glass museum was amazing.
although very short.
we got to go to the "hot shop" where we got to see them actually blowing glass.
it was kind of awesome..
we went outside afterward on this bridge that was over the trainstation.
and it had a wall that was all these glass shelves and inside all the shelves were filled with glass vases filled with glass flowers and glass vines..
very pretty..
but since it was ona bridge it was fricken cold.
the air would just keep pushing us down harder and harder..
my face was frozen..
but again i felt it was easier to say nothing than to announce to everyone how cold it was every 2 seconds..
i dunno..
i just realized a couple of days ago that my jacket still smells like my brothers place.
-m.

No comments: